ACCEDP Project Submission Instructions for NASA Ames Sponsors/Mentors
1. Create an account using the Sponsor/Mentor Connect button on the ACCEDP Connect homepage.
2. Once logged in, submit a project via the Enter Project Request/View Project Status link. Begin the process through the “Submit Request for New Project” option.
3. When submitting a new project, be prepared to include a project description, desired skills, and funding information.For 1 year internships
- Internships are 1 year in length, with a possible extension of a 2nd year.
- ACCEDP projects can be STEM or STEM-M in nature, which includes administrative support positions. Project skill level should be community college aligned and appropriate.
- Cost for a part-time intern year-round (20 hrs/week): $18,880.00
- Cost for a part-time intern during the school year (20 hrs/week); full-time during the summer (40 hrs/week, July and August): $21,760.00
- Be aware that 6 months or 1 year of funding should be submitted to begin the process. Funds will be committed, but not obligated until a student is selected and approved for the project. Once obligated, funds cannot be de-obligated.
- If the minimum requested 6 months of funding is not available, exceptions can be made with direct approval from the NASA Technical Officers.
- Duration of summer internship: 10weeks
- Cost for a summer intern: $6, 048
- Full funding for summer interns must be provided at outset of the internship
4. Look for email notifications when the project has been approved or for a rejection notice, prompting follow-up.
5. Questions or challenges encountered during project submission should be directed to Shondricka Burrell at x4-4183
6. The ACCEDP office will be in contact to arrange scheduling for student interviews, and then student selections will occur.
7. Student badging, orientation, and other on-boarding procedures will be handled through the ACCEDP staff, and students will begin as a cohort on the first day of their internship session.
8. Regular email communications will keep you and the intern abreast of program updates.